Party Meatloaf

Exploring all that is wonderful and horrible about 50's pop culture. Come join the party!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Apropos of nothing

Half a year away from Halloween, yet I still feel compelled to post this image. I just love the bag. Also, you have to admit the tagline is ominously funny. It wouldn't have had such a sinister ring in 1954, of course.

I suppose this post does at least continue the theme of my craptacular image scanning. I think I've apologized enough for that over the years, so I won't do it here. You can get your lovingly-photographed, Photoshopped and touched-up images just about anywhere on the Web these days. And that's great. It's just not what I do.

2 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Lidian said...

I love this, it is good enough for any time of year. It, um, transcends the season!

And no need to apologize -you scan things beautifully I think. I am rather horrified by some of my spotty black and white scans-of- photocopies - that's bad scanning! :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Sometimes I get daunted by the museum-quality scans and photos a lot of people have on their blogs, but then I remind myself that these are *women's magazines from the grocery store,* for heaven's sake! Somehow I think it kind of betrays their essential meaning if you enshrine them too much. They were supposed to be part of everyday life, not fine art. So I say, slap those cruddy scans up there! There's no point in trying to make this hobby seem classy. Real life has sticky pages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home