Party Meatloaf

Exploring all that is wonderful and horrible about 50's pop culture. Come join the party!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All this, and Lima beans too

Continuing yesterday's theme of Lenten self-mortification through packaged foods, I offer you Chicken of the Sea's Tuna Macaroni Cheese Loaf:


The ingredients list would lead you to think this is just another tuna casserole: macaroni, cheese, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, tuna, eggs, lemon juice.

But.

Four eggs--two for the tuna, two for the pasta--mean that this isn't going to work like a casserole. Instead, this is more of a baked custard, so it's going to come out in discrete chunks. Slices, if you will, but I don't want my pasta to slice, usually. And segregating the tuna in the middle--it just doesn't seem like tuna and eggs is something you want to show off or call attention to. Maybe it's just me.

But surrounding the whole thing with Lima beans? I'm sorry, that's inexcusable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home