Party Meatloaf

Exploring all that is wonderful and horrible about 50's pop culture. Come join the party!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Do I even need to comment on this?

OK, I almost, almost, withstood temptation and resisted posting this one. Untill I noticed the utterly gratuitous bowl of bananas and apples. I mean, come on.

You really need to look at the large version for full effect (click the image).

The "portable grills" pictured here are classic 50's safety hazards: metal cans which you can use to carry all your picnic stuff, and within which you are supposed to build a charcoal fire. Great--until it's time to take them home (insulation as a concept being still in its infancy in the 50's). How many purchasers ended up with that plaid pattern permanently branded onto their hands, I wonder?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home